Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

need a 350 word summary for medical lang

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Homework
3/2/2010
Tutor: Carla D., Tutor replied 7 years ago
Carla D.
Carla D., Tutor

Hi !

Could you be more specific about the question,and when is it due?

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Prepare a 500 word or more "script" for a health care professional to use when explaining to the patient his condition and the proposed procedures.

Assignment Reading:

•I. AMBULATORY CARE FACE SHEET
Admit Date:
7/8/20XX @ 20:22 Discharge Date/Time: 7/9/20XX @ 10:10
Sex: M Age: 47 Disposition: Home
Admitting Diagnosis: Possible esophageal foreign body.
Discharge Diagnosis: Esophageal foreign body.
Procedures: EGD with foreign body removal.
CONSULTATION
Date of Consultation: 7/8/20XX
This is a 47-year-old male who was in his usual state of health until early this evening when he developed an acute episode of odynophagia and a sensation of a foreign body in the proximal esophagus. This occurred after the patient had several bites of fish. The patient was evaluated with C-spine films and soft-tissue films, but no definite foreign body was seen. The soft tissue was noted to be normal. The patient, however, continued to have a sensation of a foreign body in the proximal esophagus and was complaining of upper esophageal pain. He has no past history of dysphagia, tobacco abuse, peptic ulcer disease, or reflux history. The patient has no past history of lye or corrosive substance ingestion. He denies any fever, chills, or shortness of breath.

Past Medical History:
Allergies: No known drug allergies.
Medications: None.
Surgeries: Repair of a laceration to the forehead 10 months ago.
Medical History: History of hepatitis.
Family History: Noncontributory.
Review of Systems: No medical abnormalities.
Physical Examination:
Vital Signs: BP 130/80, P 92, T 98.5
General:
This is a well-developed and well-nourished anxious black male in mild distress. Head and neck are normocephalic, atraumatic. Sclerae clear. The oropharynx is clear. The neck is supple with free range of motion and no thyromegaly. The trachea is midline and mobile. There is no crepitus noted. Lungs are clear bilaterally. Heart is regular rate and rhythm. Abdomen is soft and nontender with bowel sounds active in all four quadrants. There are no hepatosplenomegaly or masses noted. Rectal is deferred. Musculoskeletal with free range of motion. Neurologic with no focal deficits.
Impression:
Foreign body in upper esophagus or possible laceration of this area. We will plan for upper endoscopy to rule out an acute obstruction and, if necessary, remove the foreign body.

•II. II.OPERATIVE REPORT
Date of Procedure: 7/8/20XX
Procedure: Esophagogastroduodenoscopy with foreign body removal.
Preoperative Medication: Demerol 50 mg IV, Versed 3 mg IV, Cetacaine spray
Preoperative Diagnosis:
1. Esophageal foreign body.
2. Odynophagia.
Postoperative Diagnosis: Status-post foreign body removal.
Clinical Note: This is a 47-year-old black male who experienced acute odynophagia after initially eating a meal consisting of fish. The patient felt a foreign-body-like sensation in his proximal esophagus and presented to the emergency room. He was evaluated with lateral, C-spine films, and soft-tissue films without any evidence of perforation. The patient is now referred for evaluation for his proximal esophagus.
Findings: After obtaining informed consent, the patient was endoscoped in the emergency room. He was premedicated with Demerol and Versed without any complications. Under direct visualization, an Olympus Q20 endoscope was introduced orally, and the esophagus was intubated without any difficulty. The hypopharynx was carefully reviewed, and no abnormalities were noted. There were no foreign bodies or lacerations to the hypopharynx. The proximal esophagus was normal. No active bleeding was noted. The endoscope was farther advanced into the esophagus, where careful review of the mucosa revealed no foreign bodies and no obstructions. The distal esophagus did, however, show a very small fish bone, which was removed without any complications. The endoscope was advanced into the stomach, where partially digested food was noted. The endoscope was then removed. The patient tolerated the procedure well, and his post-procedure vital signs are stable.
Recommendations:
1. Clear liquids for 24 hours.
2. Follow-up with me in the office in the morning.

RADIOLOGY REPORTS
Date: 7/8/20XX
Procedure Performed:
Soft-tissue neck. There is a curvilinear density in the region of the base of the tongue that could conceivably represent a small bone. The airway is intact throughout. No other abnormalities are visible.
ENDOSCOPY ORDERS
Date: 7/8/20XX
Admit to Endoscopy Department.
Obtain consent for procedure, signed and witnessed.
Start IV of 55 cc D5W or NS TO KVO or heparin lock.
Preoperative Medications: Versed 3 mg IVP, Demerol 50 mg IVP, apply pulse oximeter.

I need this by tonite at 10pm. If you need anything else please let me no. thank you

. Please identify 15 medical terms that would be unfamiliar to a layman or non-medical person. Would you like to do this one to. I will pay you for this one to. thank you

I would be happy to help with this question.. I think you have to post it as a separate question again. Ask for me (Carla D.). I will be working on it this fternoon.
I do not no how to do that.. When I try to post it ask me to pay more money.. Do you understand the 350 word?

Yes, I think I understand. Probably late afternoon.

Carla

explaining to the patient his condition and the proposed procedures. Write a summary or interpretation of medical documents. The summary should be written in patient language and cover each and every part of the reading in section 2.
Hello I relist my other question.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Carla D.
Carla D.
Carla D., Tutor