Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Former straight A Student - Now Mom
Experience:  Degrees in Eng., econ; JD (law), MBA, former valedictorian & winner of academic scholarship
2911261

How did the development of the novel as a literary genre in

How did the development of the novel as a literary genre in the eighteenth century reflect changes in society and culture?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 7 years ago.

Dear hernionjuice,

It indicated that society had more time on its hands for fiction rather than the religious, philosophical, and other learning books. This indicates a shift in society from one that reads for academic and learning purposes only to one that reads for entertainment. Further, the availability of these books indicated that more and more people could afford to buy books (both as per person incomes increased due to the development of a strong merchant class and as printing became cheaper). This also indicated that more people in lower classes, the merchant class in particular) were now literate, while at one time being literate was a sign of one's wealth.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My requirements are a 200-300 word essay. How did the development of the novel as a literary genre in the eighteenth century reflect changes in society and culture? Why did novels have such wide appeal? Thank you for the quick response.

Okay,

I will develop this for you later today.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just seeing how it is coming along? Thanks in advance.

I will provide this no later than 4PM or earlier today.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.