Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Darrin has coached his daughter Sheila at T-ball since she

Darrin has coached his daughter Sheila at T-ball since she was four years old. She is now six, and with his help, she has become skilled enough to move up to a slow-pitch softball team. In helping and coaching her, Darrin has kept her attention, modeled the best strategy for playing the game, and adapted lessons to her developmental level. This situation is an example of what theorist and concept? (Points :1)
Vygotsky; zone of proximal development
Bronfenbrenner; An assisted discovery process
Vygotsky; A scaffolding process
Bronfenbrenner; A microsystem

Hello apieshe,

Darrin has coached his daughter Sheila at T-ball since she was four years old. She is now six, and with his help, she has become skilled enough to move up to a slow-pitch softball team. In helping and coaching her, Darrin has kept her attention, modeled the best strategy for playing the game, and adapted lessons to her developmental level. This situation is an example of what theorist and concept?

Vygotsky; A scaffolding process

This is a process in which a teacher provides a student with "scaffolds" or supports to enable the learner's development. The scaffolds help the student to build on what has been learned and incorporate new information. The activities provided in scaffolding instruction are just beyond the level of what the learner can do alone.

http://condor.admin.ccny.cuny.edu/~group4/Van%20Der%20Stuyf/Van%20Der%20Stuyf%20Paper.doc

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You answered the wrong question..............I asked:

Janet is a preschool teacher. In her classroom, she tries to focus on creating a safe space where children can practice stimulating and education activities, and eat nutritious snacks. She believes that people are naturally good, and children will undertake experiences on their own to help themselves grow. Janet’s attitude is an example of the belief in: (Points :1)
human development
blank slate
innate goodness
original sin

HelloCustomer

You had posted two questions and I answered both.

-Chris M.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2nd question:

Most infants start walking between the ages of 10 months and two years. Mateo is fifteen months old. He was an avid crawler, but recently has started walking without aid. His shift from crawling to walking can be characterized as an example of: (Points :1)
A universal change
Atypical development
A group-specific change
Nature versus nurture

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, I didnt realize I posted 2 questions. My apologies : )
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Chris
I have around 7 or 8 more questions. Will you still be here?
Antoinette