Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

I have 3 more if you want them, i have to pick a heroine,

and do these assignments, let...
i have 3 more if you want them, i have to pick a heroine, and do these assignments, let me know, and let me know what its worth, when this one is done, i will send you the other two, and pay seperately for those, let me know as soon as you can,thnx, heres assignment one:Your thesis statement will shape the direction of your essay. The thesis statement should be expressed in 3 points that you will prove. For example;                ;

SAMPLE THESIS

Malcolm X worked for change in Civil Rights in the 1960's America. While his approach to change was controversial and at times, advocated violence, his long term influence was positive for African- American identity.

Point A   - controversial

Point B   - advocated violence

Point C   - long term results were good for African-American identity

SAMPLE FRAMEWORK

Introductory Paragraph :

General Statements- on Civil Rights America 1960 ( 2-3 sentences)

Malcolm X - advocate for change for African-American and what he believed (2-3 sentences)

Thesis Statement ( as in sample ) ( 2-3 sentences )

Transition Statement - to logically move thoughts of introduction paragraph to next unified paragraph ( 1 sentences )

Context Paragraph - provides background information on hero(ine)
                             - who was he
                             - where was he born
                             - what event(s) in his or her life influenced his or her action
                                    (8-10 sentences )
                             -transition sentence to move to next point

(Hint: a key word in the last sentence of one paragraph becomes a key word of the first sentence of the next paragraph )

Body Paragraphs:

Point 1 - controversial career of Malcolm X

A ) ~ point

&nb sp;                            ~ comment

B ) ~ point

&nb sp;                              ~ closing and transition sentence

(10 sentences and at least one direct quote)

Point 2 - advocacy of violent means if necessary

A ) ~ point

B ) ~ Point

&nb sp;                            ~ closing and transition sentence

Point 3 - positive influence on African-American identity

A ) ~ point

&nb sp;                           ~ comment

B ) ~ point

C ) ~ point

&nb sp;                              ~ comment

Concluding Paragraph        - state your observation s

- include awards and achievements

- summarize your thoughts referring back to your thesis
(8-10 sentences)

INVESTIGATION

1)    Work out a point form framework for your topic following the format of the sample provided.

2)    The introductory paragraph must be submitted in full sentence form.   The rest of the framework will be submitted in point form.

3)    Submit the point form framework, complete with introductory paragraph in sentence form for evaluation .

* Please note that the Independent Study essay has a 5 paragraph minimum. If you feel that you need more paragraphs in the body of your essay , add more . Just remember to include then in your point form framework. Please do not have more than 10 paragraphs in total.
6/17/2009
O. Adames
O. Adames, Writer
Hello,Customer

Yes, I can do this. Feel free to choose me for the other projects as well. How soon do you need this one?

Thanks,
O. Adames
well whatever works for you, but i do need them soon, i have yet to pick a heroine in order to do them as they have to be on a specific heroine, once you are done this one i will send you the other two, thank you. I have to have all 3 done before the end on June.
let me know if theres a heroine you think would be easy to get some info on, i was thinking John Lennon, seems famous enough for some info.....
Hello,Customer

When you said heroine I inmediatly assumed it had to be a female. However, your last post tells me that it could be a male too. That would be fine. You mentioned John Lennon, so I will proceed to write about him. I could have it ready by tomorrow night. I hope that works for you.

Thanks,
O. Adames
that would be wonderful, but please make sure it is done how i showed in the example above, when this is done, i will send you the second one, then the third,thank you ever so much.
this would be the second one, and it too is on the same person, john lennon:this is how they want it done:

Assignment Three requires a complete rough draft written in full sentence form. A rough draft is not incomplete or unedited. Before submitting your rough draft, use your spell and grammar check programs. As well, go though the Report Checklist and determine whether or not you have done all that the questions asks.

INVESTIGATION

1)    Read the essay resource, the MLA Style Guide, to provide you with information on what your essay should look like.

2)    Fill in the Report Checklist found in your Journal Workbook and attach it for evaluation with your complete rough draft.

3)    Write, proofread, edit and submit your report essay for evaluation . All the required element must be included. Use the MLA Style Guide as your guide . This is a research essay. You MUST cite sources.

Rough Draft Presentation ( Required Elements )

1 ) Cover Page (see sample )

2 ) Minimum 5 paragraph report essay with properly cited sources

3 ) Work Cited (see sample )

Sample Cover Page

Malcolm X:

American Civil Rights Activist

&nbs p;                                                                                           Name:

& nbsp;                                                                                  Course:

&nbs p;                                                         Teacher:

& nbsp;                                                                                                        Date:

Evaluation: Rough Draft

Knowledge/Understanding (of hero of Social Justice)        /10

Thinking/Inquiry (organization of essay)                           /10

Communication (correct spelling and grammar)                    /10

Application (essay form)       &nbs p;                                          /10

MLA Style Guide

1. Page Setup:

*

Each page should have equal margins of one inch at the top, bottom and sides.
    *

The first sentence of the essay begins one line below title (that is one double space)
    *

The entire essay is double-spaced throughout, including quotations, notes and the list of works cited.
    *

The first page is not necessarily numbered but all other pages are numbered in the top right-hand corner. Type your last name before the page number, as a precaution in case of misplaced pages.

2. Incorporation of Texts:

* The titles of all books, full-length plays, magazines and films must be underlined. A Farewell to Arms and A History of Germany 1815-1990 are underlined because they are titles of a novel and textbook respectively.
    * Time is underlined because it is the title of a magazine, but "Nixon's Mission of Reassurance" is in quotation marks because it is an article contained within magazine.
    * The titles of all articles, essays, chapters, songs, poems and short stories are placed within quotation marks. "A Rose for Emily" is in quotation marks because it is a single short story within a book, Worlds of Fiction.
    * Underlining and quotation marks to indicate titles does not apply to the names of sacred writings (ie. Bible, Gospels, Genesis, Koran, etc); nor does it apply to laws, acts, and similar political documents (ie The Criminal Code of Canada); nor does it apply to conferences, seminars, workshops, and courses.

3. Incorporation of Quotations:

* All quotations should correspond with the original in wording, spelling, and punctuation.
    * When quoting poetry, two lines may be run on but separated with a slash; for example, "In the room the women come and go/ Talking of Michelangelo" (author's name line #). Note that the period follows the brackets and not the closing- quotation mark.
    * If a quotation runs to more than four lines in your paper, set it off from your text by beginning a new line, indenting two tab spaces over from your left margin, and typing it double spaced, without adding quotation marks. A colon generally introduces a quotation displayed in this way.
    * Sometimes part of a source that you wish to quote is either repetitious or irrelevant to the discussion at hand. This portion may be omitted from the quotation and the omission is indicated by three space periods. For example, "I see great things for you kids,....But remember, start big and you'll end big" (Miller 64).

4. Sourcing :

* In research writing, sources are cited to inform readers of the sources of your information and to give credit to the writers from whom you have borrowed words and ideas.
    * When you incorporate author's words, facts, or ideas within the body of the paper, a brief parenthetical acknowledgement must be inserted. The author's last name and a page reference are enough to identify the source and the specific location from which you borrowed the material. Example: Medieval Europe was a place both of "riads, pillages, slavery, and extortion" and of " traveling merchants, monetary exchange, towns if not cities and active markets in grain" (Townsend 10). Note that there is no comma following the author's name.
    * To avoid plagiarism, you must must include, in a works cited page, material quoted directly, material that has been paraphrased, ideas or opinions that have been borrowed and all statements or figures that might cause the reader to ask, "How does the writer know that?" the writer should include the works cited.

5. Works Cited:

* The last page of your essay must be a works cited page. This page is entitled "Works Cited " and appears on a new page and indicates an alphabetical list of all the sources that you have cited in your paper.
    * Alphabetize the list by the last name of the author (editor); if there is not author or editor, alphabetize by the first word of the title other than a, an or the.
    * Do not indent the first line of entries in the list of works cited, but indent any additional lines (usually one tab over to the right). This technique highlights the names by which the list has been alphabetized.
    * Sources not actually cited in the paper should not be given in this list, even if you have read them.
    * Examples of proper citing is included on the accompanying pages.

MLA Works Styles

1. Books by a Single Author

Author's Surname, First Name. Title of Work.   City Published: Publishing Company, Year Published.

Ex. Lakoff, Robin. Language and Woman's Place. New York: Harper, 1975.

2. Books by Two or Three Authors

Casey, Miller, and Kate Swift. Words and Women. Garden City: Anchor, 1977.

& nbsp;                                     OR

Crane, Ben, Edward Yeager, and Randal Whitman. An Introduction to Linguistics, Boston: Little, 1981.

3. Books by More Than Three Authors

Nilsen, Allen Pace, et al. Sexism and Language. Urbana: NCTE, 1977.

4. Books by Corporation Authors

Modern Language Association. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers.

Theses and Dissertations. 2nd ed. New York: MLA, 1984.

5. Anonymous Books

The New Copyright Law. Glenview: Scott, 1979

6. Edited Books

Pickens, ***** *****, ed. Without Bias (2nd ed.) New York: Wiley, 1982.

7. Articles in Encyclopedias or Other Reference Works

Olmstead, David. "Language, Science of." Encyclopedia Americana. 1982 ed.

8. Magazines or Newspapers

Author of Article (if provided). "Title of Article." Title of Magazine or Newspaper.

Complete Date.

Ex. Kifner, John. "Thousands March in Polish Cities on the Founding Day of Solidarity." New York Times. 1 September 1983

9. Recordings

Brooks, Gwendolyn. Gwendolyn Brooks Reading Her Poetry, with an Introductory Poem by Don L. Lee. Caedmon, TC 1244, 1977

10. Non- Print Media

"Violets" World Book Information Finder [ cd-rom]. IL: World Book Inc., 1995.

11. Internet Resources

A History of Space Exploration. http://www.c3.lanl.gov/~cjhamil/SolarSystem/ (June 12, 1995)

**** in place of an absent title, put the author's name. If both author and title are unavailable, simply cite the URL (www.....) followed by the date of the article ( if this is available).

12. Interviews Conducted by the Author of the Research Paper

Updike, John. Personal Interview. 17 May 1983

13. Films

The Big Sleep. Dir. Howard Hawks. Warner Brothers, 1946
hello i was just wondering how the project was coming?
Hello,Customer

I am working on it. I am writing now. You will definitely get both of them tonight, probably around midnight (US E.T.).

Thanks,
O. Adames
Hello,Customer

Here is the model essay (finished paper). Please, review it and click ACCEPT. Again, thanks for requesting me.

Sincerely,
O. Adames

John Lennon: A Cultural Revolution in a Few Notes

Many people remember British singer John Lennon just and entertainer who lived in a turbulent and excessive era and was, therefore, part of those excesses. However, it is clear that John Lennon is more than that. There is no doubt that he was part of something greater. John Lennon contributed, through his music, lyrics, and life style to generate a cultural revolution that, in spite of its flaws, produced many positive changes in modern society. He was able to emphasize issues as important as personal freedom, women rights, and peace. And the essential theme that connects those issues is freedom. As Lennon said, "There are only a few notes. Just variations on a theme" (Lennon, 87). And for him, that theme was a more just society.

The cultural revolution advocated by John Lennon was, of course very related to the social conditions that existed during the sixties and seventies. Those years marked by injustice and oppression, and millions of people were already talking about freedom when John Lennon emerged, therefore, it is safe to say that part of his contribution was to give a voice, a worldwide voice, to those who needed it. John Lennon made it very clear, that he was deeply interested in effecting positive changes in society. He did that on many of his interviews, but mainly and foremost through his lyrics, as we can notice in Revolution: “You say you want a revolution/Well you know/We all want to change the world/You tell me that it's evolution/Well you know/We all want to change the world/But when you talk about destruction/Don't you know you can count me out/Don't you know it's gonna be alright/Alright Alright” (Metrolyrics).

One of Lennon’s most important contributions was his presence as an inspirational force. He and the Beatles were able to transmit a message of hope and confidence to millions of individuals, particularly young people. And this is something we must not take for granted. Especially in times of oppression or grief, self-confidence and hope can be a transforming tool. And we have substantial evidence of how inspiring John Lennon was. His opposition to war gave the anti-war movement a great deal of strength. “A bloodless cultural revolution was taking place, led by ‘rock intellectuals’. No longer, we then believed, could the dance hall, the discotheque, or the record collection be dismissed as mindless teenybopper blare” (Shelton, 230).

When we talk about oppression and discrimination, it is impossible not to make reference to the situation women were going through during those years and are still going through in many places today. For centuries, gender discrimination and threats against the basic dignity of women has been a very troubling issue. Fortunately, the liberating spirit of the sixties also focused on the rights and respect of women. And John Lennon made a remarkable contribution to raising consciousness about this important matter. Going back to his lyrics, he told us: “We make her bed and raise our children/And then we leave her flat for being a fat old Mother Hen/We tell her home is the only place she should be/Then we complain that she's too unworthy to be our friend”(Metrolyrics).

John Lennon and the Beatles had also a positive impact on the perception we have of love. John Lennon’s music goes beyond the simplicity of purely romantic or feverish lyrics. For him, “love had more to do with identity and spiritual well being, almost and existential quality. Being loved by a woman made a man feel good about himself as a person… Such a love brought to the world a higher sense of harmony and goodwill, a sense of brotherhood and communal feeling not unlike the echoes advocated by the integrationist faction of the civil rights movement” (Lytle, 146). In general, Lennon was a driving force toward the goal of justice and equal opportunity. Behind his apparently light lyrics, we can perceive, if we are careful and insightful enough, the essence of a cultural revolution. We should not forget that the apparent simplicity was precisely the reason why his message reached and touched millions.

Now, some people may think I am just idealizing John Lennon, and forgetting about all the negative aspects that marked his life. Some people may point at the issue of drug abuse and related or unrelated excesses. And they may have a point. But, I have decided to concentrate on the social impact of his peaceful and conscientious message. It is true that he committed many excesses. However, “For many, Lennon provided an example of how one might live his or her life in a way that is honest, and in a way that is ultimately life affirming and positive. John Lennon was no saint, and he certainly wasn’t perfect. But he spent the last half of his life searching for a way to overcome his own insecurities and demons, and to make sense of who he was—not John Lennon, the Beatles, but John Lennon, the person” (Kane, 255).

Works Cited

1. Lennon, John, et al. All We Are Saying. United Kingdom: Mcmillan, 2000.
  2. Metrolyrics. http://www.metrolyrics.com/revolution-lyrics-john-lennon.html (June 18, 2009).
  3. Shelton, Robert E. No Direction Home. New York: Da Capo Press, 1997.
  4. Kane, Larry. Lennon Revealed. New York: Running Press, 2007.
  5. Lytle, Mark H. America’s Uncivil Wars. Oxford University Press, 2006.
O. Adames
O. Adames, Writer
Hello,Customer

Here is the rough draft. Please, review it and click ACCEPT.

Thanks,
O. Adames

John Lennon and a Cultural Revolution

(Rough Draft)

Introduction

John Lennon was more than just and entertainer who lived in a turbulent and excessive era. Many people see him that way and focus on the mistakes that marked his life. However, it is clear that John Lennon is more than that. There is no doubt that he was part of something greater.

Thesis Statement

John Lennon contributed, through his music, lyrics, and life style to generate a cultural revolution that, in spite of its flaws, produced many positive changes in modern society. He was able to emphasize issues as important as personal freedom, women rights, and peace.

Any impartial observer can recognize that John Lennon contributed, through his music, lyrics, and life style to generate a cultural revolution that, in spite of its wrongs, produced many positive changes in modern society. He was able to emphasize issues as important as personal freedom, women rights, and peace. And the essential theme that connects those issues is freedom. As Lennon said, "There are only a few notes. Just variations on a theme"

Lyrics on Revolution

“You say you want a revolution/Well you know/We all want to change the world/You tell me that it's evolution/Well you know/We all want to change the world/But when you talk about destruction/Don't you know you can count me out/Don't you know it's gonna be alright/Alright Alright” (Metrolyrics).

Theme: Oppression in General

The cultural revolution advocated by John Lennon was, of course very related to the social conditions that existed during the sixties and seventies. Those years marked by injustice and oppression, and millions of people were already talking about freedom when John Lennon emerged, therefore, it is safe to say that part of his contribution was to give a voice, a worldwide voice, to those who needed it. John Lennon made it very clear, that he was deeply interested in effecting positive changes in society.

Theme: Women’s Rights

Lennon as an Inspirational Force

Our Perception of Love

Another positive impact John Lennon has had in our society has to do with our perception of love. For him, “love had more to do with identity and spiritual well being, almost and existential quality. Being loved by a woman made a man feel good about himself as a person… Such a love brought to the world a higher sense of harmony and goodwill, a sense of brotherhood and communal feeling not unlike the echoes advocated by the integrationist faction of the civil rights movement” (Lytle, 146). In general, Lennon was a driving force toward the goal of justice and equal opportunity. Behind his apparently light lyrics, we can perceive, if we are careful and insightful enough, the essence of a cultural revolution. We should not forget that the apparent simplicity was precisely the reason why his message reached and touched millions.

Idealizing Lennon

Works Cited

O. Adames
O. Adames, Writer
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!Now i only have the one left, thank you so much.........
this is the last one:8.5 Assignment Three

INVESTIGATION

1 ) Cover Page (see sample )

3 ) Work Cited (see sample )

Sample Cover Page

Malcolm X:

American Civil Rights Activist

;

&nb sp;                                                                                              Name:

& nbsp;                                                                                          Course:

;                                                                                           Teacher:

;                                                                                 Date:

Evaluation: Rough Draft

Application (essay form)                                                   /10

MLA Style Guide

1. Page Setup:

*

*

*

*

2. Incorporation of Texts:

3. Incorporation of Quotations:

4. Sourcing :

5. Works Cited:

MLA Works Styles

1. Books by a Single Author

2. Books by Two or Three Authors

&nb sp;                                           OR

3. Books by More Than Three Authors

4. Books by Corporation Authors

5. Anonymous Books

6. Edited Books

8. Magazines or Newspapers

Complete Date.

9. Recordings

10. Non- Print Media

11. Internet Resources

13. Films

Hello,Customer

Two things:

1) The third assignment you just posted is exactly the same one you posted as the second. I completed that already. I posted both the rough draft and the finised essay. Read above. The one you posted as the second says THIRD.

2) Do not forget to click ACCEPT also for the finished essay I posted.

Thanks,
O. Adames
your absolutely righ, my mistake, this is the final one:8.6 Assignment Four: The Final Copy
Review the grading rubric to familiarize yourself with the evaluation process.
Rubric- Essay Analysis Evaluation

Introduction
-        Introduces the topic and focus of the essay
-        Contains clear thesis with at least 3 subpoints

/10

Body of Essay:
-        Makes relevant, insightful references from the hero’s life and time period and relates them to the theme of social justice
-        Provides accurate and thorough analysis of information
-        Uses outside sources properly

/30

Conclusion:
-        Provides insightful, relevant message
-        Effective summary of major points
-        Includes information on awards and achievements

/10

Communication:
-        Correct sentence structure observed
-        No use of personal pronouns (I, we, you)
-        Observes present tense
-        Correctly integrates quotes within the sentence
-        Contains a title page and work cited page
-        Observes correct tone and diction

/20

Comments:
i could not have done this without you, i appreciate you so much, when it comes to writing, i am totally brain dead, now health stuff, im right on the ball, lol.
Hello,Customer

Thanks for your prompt response and clarification. I am planning to do the last project on Rosa Parks. Is that okay? One more thing. I have a suggestion for you. I think it would be convenient for you to post your most recent question as a new one. I mean, on a totally new thread. The reason for this is that if you see your Accept/Question rate, next to your user name, you will notice that it says you have 4 accepts and only three questions. If you accept another one on this same thread, it will look like this: 5/3. This may lead to confusion. So, we could close this one and you can post the last project as a new one. Do not forget to specify that it is directed to me, O. Adames.

Thanks,
O. Adames
im not sure, but i think they all have to be done on the same person, john lennon, i think its done in three stages, the rough draft, the essay,then the last one, if im not mistaken, thats what im getting from it anyway, im not sure how to close the subjects and start new, i had to contact support becuase i posted the same question three times, this just answer is all new to me.
i believe it would be a final copy conclusion:
Introduction

/10

Body of Essay:
-        Uses outside sources properly

/30

Conclusion:

/10

Communication:
-        Observes present tense

/20

Comments:
Hello,Customer

Please, clarify this for me. Do you want the same paper about the same person with more information on social justice? Or, is it a totally different paper on the same person, focusing on social justice?

On the thread issue, you could post your question as a totally new one, as you did the first time, and then I can request this one to be closed. Again, I am just trying not to negatively affect your Accept/Question rate.

Thanks,
O. Adames
i believe this is a totally different paper, same person, done in the way it describes in the last assignment, the way you see it is copied and pasted from my assignment, i had to pick a heroin, do a rough draft,which you gave me, an essay,which you did, and now the last one as stated above, i hope this is clearer to you :(, sorry.
now that i look at it, i think its the same paper with more added to it, im not really sure, because it says assignment four, attach final essay, but when i look at whats its asking it just looks like a checklist if i have done that, see i told you i wasnt good with this stuff,lol.yes i think the one you wrote was a rough draft, and the final one is the real thing that has to have what is stated above.sorry for all the confusion
Hello,Customer

Okay, I will proceed to add more information to the same paper. On the thread issue, if you have no problem with it, I will then post it right here. For more clarity, I would like to remind you that heroine refers to a female, but you chose John Lennon. I hope that is okay with your professor.

Thanks,
O. Adames
well it gave me a list to choose from and he was on it, or yes, i could have chose my own, had i known if you had somebody in mind, we could have went with that, but you did a fantastic job on what you did, so, it worked out well.
hello just wondering when you think you will have the final project???? Thank you.
Hello,Customer

It will be finished today. You can expect it before 3:00 PM (US E.T.).

Thanks,
O. Adames
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
O. Adames
O. Adames, Writer
O. Adames
O. Adames
O. Adames, Writer