Thesis Statement: Alcohol is more dangerous than any other drug because alcohol use can lead to dependencies and the use of other drugs.
Final Project: Persuasive Research Paper
??Resources: Appendix A and Appendix H
??Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]
??Use the checklist in Appendix H to proofread your final draft. If you cannot answer yes to
an item in the proofreading checklist, revise your paper accordingly.
??Construct a persuasive research paper, 2,000 to 2,500 words in length, formatted
according to Axia style guidelines.
??Include the following elements:
o A title page
o An introduction and a thesis statement
o A body with supporting evidence and in-text citations
o Effective visuals, appropriately introduced
o A conclusion
o A reference list with at least five to seven sources, at least three of which must come
from the University Library
o A completed peer-review form
??Review Appendix A to ensure you have completed every step required for the final
??Post your final project and the peer review checklist a classmate completed for your
research paper as Microsoft® Word attachments.
• American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. (2008). Teen: Alcohol and other Drugs. Retrieved July 5, 2008, From www.aacap.org
• CBS News (2007.) Alcohol, Tobacco Worse Than Illegal Drugs? Retrieved July 5, 2008, from www.cbsnews.com
• Alcohol and Teen Drinking An overview of statistic, Retrieved July 8, 2008, from http://www.focusas.com/Alcohol.html
• Gabrielle Bauer (2008, July). Booze clues. Today's Parent, 25(7), 131-132,134. Retrieved July 7, 2008, from ProQuest Central database. (Document ID: XXXXXXXXXX).
• Ashton, E. (March 2008). Alcohol abuse makes prescription drug abuse more likely: those under age 25 are particularly vulnerable to dual abuse.(RESEARCH FINDINGS). NIDA Notes, 21, 5. p.8(2). Retrieved July 07, 2008, from Academic OneFile via Gale:http://find.galegroup.com/ips/start.do?prodId=IPS
• The Effects of Alcohol and Other Drugs on Children. (2006). Harvard Children's Health, (p.NA). Harvard Health Publications Group. Retrieved July 07, 2008, from Academic OneFile via Gale:http://find.galegroup.com/ips/start.do?prodId=IPS