Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Do u have answers to pennfoster exam 06181801??

5/5/2008
tex-eng
tex-eng, Engineer, problem solver

Thank you for requesting me but I don't have the answers to this exam, may be other experts can help you with this one.
alright thanks.
Brandi
Brandi, Tutor
Customer

Could you post these questions here and I will take a look at them for you.

sure.

Questions 1-20: Select the one best answer to each question.

1. What is most remarkable about the paintings of Pieter Breugel the Elder?

A. Innovative brush strokes C. Medium used

B. Daring compositional features D. Subject matter

2. Which of the following subjects would lend itself to the use of the tenebroso manner of painting?

A. A boating scene on a bright summer day

B. A secret meeting between two conspirators

C. A flower garden in full bloom

D. A little girl on a swing in the sun

3. The fact that the figures in Leonardo da Vinci's The Virgin of the Rocks are arranged in a figure

triangle gives the painting

A. structural strength. C. a strong sense of immediacy.

B. immediate viewer appeal. D. clear market value.

4. One of the most significant achievements of Albrecht Dürer was to

A. write treatises on painting, perspective, and human proportions.

B. sketch from nature, studying its most delicate details.

C. travel to Italy to study the great works of the Italian Renaissance.

D. make the print a fine art form.

5. One of the primary consequences of the Council of Trent in art and architecture was that

A. Protestant art became more realistic.

B. Catholic art became increasingly two-dimensional.

C. Roman Catholic art concerned itself more with the spectator's emotions.

D. The Catholic church strengthened its position as an art censor.

6. Which of the following works of art was completed during the Rococo period?

A. Purification of the Temple by El Greco C. David by Bernini

B. The Elevation of the Cross by Reubens D. The Artist and Her Daugher by Vigée-Lebrun

7. Giotto's Lamentation in the Arena Chapel in Padua is remarkable primarily because

A. it's one of the first religious oil paintings with real human figures.

B. the characters in the painting are presented as individuals.

C. Giotto painted it in one sitting and made no revisions to the completed work.

D. of the colors used to convey allegorical meaning.

8. Which classical value is frequently exemplified in works of art during the Renaissance?

A. Realism C. Asymmetry

B. Surrealism D. Expressionism

9. Which artistic value is least apparent in Mannerist paintings?

A. Refined style C. Suppressed emotion

B. Meaningful distortion D. Moral message

10. Which of the following works of art did Michelangelo complete first?

A. The Creation of Adam C. David

B. Pietà D. Tomb of Pope Julius II

11. Which of these artistic values is most apparent in the paintings of Hieronymus Bosch?

A. Symbolism C. Idealism

B. Grazia D. Simplicity

12. What quality do the paintings of Titian possess because of his use of the impasto technique in

painting?

A. Piety C. Sensuality

B. Restraint D. Religiosity

13. Descartes, Galileo, and Newton were great thinkers whose works are in harmony with the ________

movement in the arts.

A. Renaissance C. Mannerist

B. Baroque D. Rococo

14. Bernini's David, unlike Michelangelo's, shows David

A. after he has killed Goliath. C. in motion.

B. at rest. D. as a young man.

15. Which of the following statements is the best definition of a triptych?

A. A painting on three panels C. A carving of the Holy Trinity

B. A painting with a figure triangle D. A representation of the Stations of the Cross

16. In the name of what Protestant movement were many of Hans Holbein's religious paintings

destroyed?

A. Monotheism C. Iconoclasm

B. Agnosticism D. Papism

17. Even if we didn't know anything about the artist who created Giovanni Arnolfini and His Bride, it would

be safe to say, after examining the surfaces represented in the painting, that it was created by a

A. northern European. C. man.

B. southern European. D. woman.

18. Which device was not used by Caravaggio to create a theatrical effect in his paintings?

A. Bold brushstrokes C. Stark lighting

B. Dramatic gestures D. Dark shadows

19. In which of the following paintings has the artist included a portrait of himself?

A. Rembrandt's Sortie of Captain Banning Cocq's Company of the Civic Guard

B. Tintoretto's The Last Supper

C. El Greco's Purification of the Temple

D. Velázquez' Las Meninas

20. In religious works of art, the Holy Ghost is often represented symbolically as a/an

A. angel. C. unicorn.

B. dove. D. star.

Ok here are the questions.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Brandi
Brandi, Tutor

ok for number 16 i got C? do u think its right.

Ill take both the exams in some time and will let u know if they were all right ok? Thanks for ur help.

Oh yes, against the use of religious icons. 16 is c.

Please let me know of any differences after you submit. If you have any others you need help with feel free to request me!

sure i have more but i will come back to u after i am done with these two. Can i post a question while u are offline??
just put my name in the subject line. I am on here Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
alright, Thanks very much.
Can u please tell the moderator to close both q's for me?
Sure will!
okk
Brandi
Brandi
Brandi, Tutor