1. Which of the following statements is a correct ...
1. Which of the following...
1. Which of the following statements is a correct description of creative writing?
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Homework
A.The techniques used for creative writing are avoided in other types of writing.
B.Poetry is the only form of creative writing.
C.To become a skilled creative writer, you should read as little as possible.
D.Studying poetry can help you to improve your writing skills.
2. Which address is formatted correctly for OCR scanning?
A.Mary Sue Loyv, Ph.D.XXXXX
Syracuse, New YorkNNN-NN-NNNN
B.MARY SUE LOW, PH.D.
XXXXX SYRACUSE, NYNNN-NN-NNNN
C.Mary Sue Low, Ph.D.
D.DR MARY SUE LOW
3.When all the paragraphs in a composition flow with logical transitions from one idea to the next, the composition is said to be .
4. The memo format may be used for
A.any type of professional business communication.
B.interoffice communication within a company.
C.job application letters.
D.notes to friends and family.
5. Friendly or social letters that require replies should be answered within
6. Which of the following parts of a letter is used in a friendly letter?
7. The tone of a properly written complaint letter should be
8.Which of the following statements about the full-block format of business letters is correct?
A.In the full-block style, all items are begun at the left margin.
B.In the full-block style, only the complimentary close and the signature block are aligned at the center of the page or slightly past center, about two-thirds across the page.
C.The complimentary close is omitted in the full-block style.
D.full-block style is seldom used in today's business world.
9. Select the correct statement about memos.
A.The recipient of a memo is always the only person to read that memo.
B.Personnel-related memos have a short life.
C.A memo is an effective means of confronting employees about problems.
D.A memo is a useful tool to provide a record of communication.
10.In a business letter, a special notation CONFIDENTIAL should be located
A.near the top of the letter, below the date.
B.between the salutation and the body of the letter.
C.in the body of the letter.
D.near the bottom of, the letter, before the postscript.
11.On a properly addressed business envelope, the attention line should be
A.after the company, department, title, or other important subinformation.
B.on the back of the envelope.
C.in the first line of the address, before the recipient's name.
D.in the lower left corner of the envelope.
12.When writing a job application letter, you should
A.use plain paper that measures 8 1/2 by 11 inches.
B.wait several days before responding to an advertisement.
C.write on both sides of the paper.
D.write a letter that's at least two pages long.
13. Which of the following statements about resumes is correct?
A.You should never refer to your resume in a cover letter.
B.A resume should include photographs of you and your family.
C.A resume can be formatted with a specific objective in mind.
D.In some cases it's acceptable to handwrite a resume.
14.What type of writing involves gathering, arranging, examining, interpreting, and recording information for specific readers who must consider a definite condition or problem?
C.Business letter writing
D.Formal invitation writing
15. For a friendly letter, which of the following is used after the salutation?
16. After writing the first draft of a paragraph that explains why you like your favorite type of music, you notice that a few of your ideas are repeated several times. You also realize that one isea should be moved nearer to the begining of the paragraph. which of the writing process should you now use to correct these problems?
17. which sentence contains a cliche?
A. When she got the letter from her friend, she was a happy as a lark.
B. The old man decided to make peace with his family.
C. too many business fail because excited entrepreneurs invest unwisely.
D. You could solve your problem by facing it now.
18. Your supervisor has asked you to write a report on the work you've done during the past year. You've written the first draft of the report. However, you've just relized that you left out a whole section of the information-a special project that took up your afternoons during a month early in the year. which of the following should you fix this problem?
A. Leave out the information on the special project.
B. Go back and outline the activities that you did for the project, and then work this information into the next draft of your written report.
C. continue the steps of the writing process in order, regardless of any information that you wish you had added.
D. Present the first draft of the report to your supervisor, but remind your supervisor about the special project by talking about it when you present the report.
19. during which activity should you look for typographical errors?
20. During which step of the writing process should you idenify the purpose, medium, and audience for whom you're writing.
21. YOur friend has asked you to write down instructions for installing a kitchen sink. How should you order the details in a paragraph? Remember, you want your friend to be able to easily follow the step of the process.
D. Comparison and contrast