Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

air battery/salt water battery or eletricity from air /salt water

Customer Question

I AM DOING A SCIENCE PROJECT ON AIR /SALT WATER BATTERY IT ALSO CAN BE NAMED ELECTRICITY FROM AIR OR SALTWATER.I CAN NOT FIND ENOUGH RESOURCES ON THIS CAN YOU PLEASE HELP.
Category: Homework
Expert:  DrTutor replied 11 years ago.

AIR /SALT WATER BATTERY... Cool. You'd be rich if the battery runs only on air and salt.

Anyway I'd like to offer my help. I think you may need some other materials in your project, right?

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to MyTutor's Post: to help you better you can go to science project.com or kidslovekits.com and you can actually see the project i am using, put in air battery and it should come up.
Expert:  DrTutor replied 11 years ago.

The air battery is just a fancy name to get attention. You do need a sacrificial method electrode.

Expert:  DrTutor replied 11 years ago.

"sacrificial METAL electrode"

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to MyTutor's Post: what you are saying is go to sacrifical method electrode.on the web, i need some research enough to do a paper on my project.
Expert:  DrTutor replied 11 years ago.
sacrificial METAL electrode. One of the electode will be sacrificed to generate electricity.