Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

8YR OLD, 3RD GRADE MATH, NOT MOTIVATED TO STUDY

Customer Question
8YR OLD, 3RD GRADE MATH...
8YR OLD, 3RD GRADE MATH MULTIPLCATION AND DIVISION. HE COGNITIVELY UNDERSTANDS BUT IS NOT MOTIVATED TO DO IT NOR DOES HE SEE THE IMPORTANCE OF STUDYING THE MATH. SOCIAL PLAY IS MORE IMPORTANT TO HIM AT THIS TIME. WHAT CAN I DO TO CHANGE THIS ATTITUDE?
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: Homework
1/5/2005
Tutor: nursehope, master’s degree replied 13 years ago
nursehope
nursehope, master’s degree
 This is often an initial sign of an attention disorder.  I would have your son evaluatated especially if working below potential.  Are there relatives with any type of mood disorder or ADHD/ADD?  Children with attention problems can pay attention to subjects they are interested in and avoid subjects that require sustained mental energy or are boring. Before working on motivation have him evaluated for learning disability or AD/HD.  You can make a written request to have him evaluated by his school.
Tutor: Mic Sayre, Tutor replied 13 years ago
Mic Sayre
Mic Sayre, Tutor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.