Homeopathy

Homeopathy questions? Ask a homeopath for answers ASAP

I was prescribed a constitutional remedy by a classical

Customer Question
hi, i was prescribed a...
hi, i was prescribed a constitutional remedy by a classical homeopath, right now I am experiencing acute symptoms for a cold/flu and cannot reach the classic homeopath...
another homeopath suggested a different remedy for the acute situation...would the acute remedy, cancel or disturb the constitutional remedy???
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Homeopathy
12/7/2017
Homeopathy Expert: DrRussMD, Practice Director replied 7 months ago
DrRussMD, Practice Director

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. Thanks for using our services.

I will answer you in just a minute.

In fact, the other homeopath is correct.

There is controversy along these lines, and many homeopaths were taught not to interrupt the contitutional remedy with acute treatment.

That is only true if, a: the symptoms perfectly fit the contitutional remedy, in which case it can be repeated if needed, or, b. the cold is an exact recurrance of previously suppressed symptoms, in which case one might ride it out.

Otherwise, not only should the acute picture be treated, but the new remedy might actually become the next constituational remedy.

This all depends on the exact disease as well.

REgardless of all of this, if you still need your old constitutional remedy later, it can be repeated.

OK, let me know if you have more questions. I am not only a double board certified physician, but a classical homeopath as well.

Also: Hopefully this helps and I have earned a 5 rating from you today. [This has to be clicked on the rating scale on your page.] A 5 rating specifically allows me to have full credit and continue my accurate service as well as providing follow up to you as needed, and it costs you nothing more. Thanks.