Homeopathy

Homeopathy Questions? Ask a Homeopath for Answers ASAP

Homeopathy

83 y/o male with multiple medical problems. Has blood and

Customer Question
83 y/o male with multiple...
83 y/o male with multiple medical problems. Has blood and coagulated blood in pockets of right lung. In hospital 2 weeks and had drained and then chest tube and then pigtail. CXR looks same as when arrived. Too frail for further treatment. Are there alternative treatments or studies?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homeopathy
5/1/2015
Homeopathy Expert: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

this sounds like a tough situation.

it is not easy being 83 with many medical problems.

but it is not normal to have blood and coagulated products in the pleural space.

he needs more than a chest xray. he needs at least a chest CT scan

and the pleural fluid to be cultured and checked for bacterial infection and also cancer cells should be looked at

see if there is a surgeon there who can do a VATS or video assisted thorascopy procedure to look into his pleural chest cavity to check for evidence of cancer or infection. he might need a pleural biopsy to check for cancer in the pleural space.

if there is a hidden cancer there in the pleural space, it can cause blood and pleural effusion fluid to form.

let me know if you have questions.

Homeopathy Expert: DrRussMD, Practice Director replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Practice Director

Hello

You asked for alternative treatments

Which had you heard about?

Dr. Zaheer
Dr. Zaheer
Dr. Zaheer, Doctor