Homeopathy

Homeopathy questions? Ask a homeopath for answers ASAP

What causes and what is the treatment for blocked tear

ducts?...
What causes and what is the treatment for blocked tear ducts?
3/10/2012
JesJenk
JesJenk, Nurse (RN)
This is terrible to hear. I need more information. What started your symptoms? Do your symptoms get better at anytime during the day? Do you wear contact lenses?
I was expecting to hear from someone who specializes in eye issues not cardiology--no offense to you Nurse S...
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Hi--I'm a family doctor. This isn't a problem with dried up tear ducts. You have conjunctivitis--an eye infection that can be either bacterial or viral, but with how you've described it, it's most likely bacterial. You need to see a doctor about this and get some antibacterial eye drops and the sooner the better.
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
I did get it checked out by my family doc who said that it's not conjunctivitis at all but it is blepharitis.
OK--you did mention the eyes being bloodshot too. So how is this being treated now?
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)