Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 5.1 home theater surround setup. My front speakers

Customer Question

I have a 5.1 home theater surround setup. My front speakers are Bose 901 Series V with the active equalizer. I just brought a Denon AVEC 3500h receiver and I just got a Niles Sl-2100 amplifier.
JA: What Denon model do you have?
Customer: Sorry Denon avr-x 3500H
JA: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?
Customer: Everything is hooked correctly except for the Bose 901
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need the bose 901 series 5 connected to the Denon and to the Niles Sl-2100 amplifier so the bose equalizer works
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 4 days ago.

I'm sorry you're having problems and I will do my best to help. In order to connect the Bose 901 EQ you will need to connect it between the Denon and the Niles so that all signal going to the Niles is first fed through the Bose EQ. Right now how do you have the Denon connected to the Niles?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have the Bose 901s and eq connected to the tthe Niles amplifier
I have a Numark eq 2500a I would hookup. I use to have this hooked up with the bose on an older Onkyo receiver and Nakamichi cassette deck
Expert:  Aric replied 3 days ago.

Okay now I'm confused. Where did the Numarl EQ come from? I thought you had the Bose EQ? Also, I asked a specific question needed to help you- Right now how do you have the Denon connected to the Niles?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No and I have the bose eq and the Numark eq
Expert:  Aric replied 3 days ago.

Okay, this isn't going to be an easy setup, first you will only be able to use one EQ, and that would be the Bose. Second, the Denon has no line level outputs, so in order to connect it to the Niles amplifier, you will need a speaker to line level converter connected to the Denon's Left and Right main speaker outputs (because the Denon lacks the Tape Monitor Loop the previous Onkyo likely had).