Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Picture works but sound does not. Sound will come on but…

Customer Question
Picture works but sound...

Picture works but sound does not. Sound will come on but then it flashes ...fanchk and the voluume goes off

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

This is the first time it has happened samsung suround sound

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No let me try the other tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Okay the other tv works fine. But the one that is giving us trouble is connected to surround songd.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
5/31/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the brand and model number of the tv?

LG 55 not sure Lf5500
LG 55 LF5500

And the sound system is a samsung soundbar? How is it connected to the tv?
If you unplug the soundbar connection, does the sound come through the LG speakers?

It's a surround sound

never mind we are old and don't understand this shit! Thank you anyway!

Thanks have a nice day