Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need to reset my kenwood DPX500BT due to error message but…

Customer Question
I need to reset...

I need to reset my kenwood DPX500BT due to error message but reset button only turns it off and doesn't reset BT

Technician's Assistant: Is your DPX500BT system connected to or paired with anything?

No

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DPX500BT?

Disconnected battery- turned on-off many times, pressed reset with pin many times- everything resets except Bluetooth

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thankyou

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
5/31/2018
Technician: Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer replied 2 months ago
Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer

What is the problem with the Bluetooth - does it not pair to your phone, etc?

Best Regards,

Rich

As I stated, bt does not reset, I get error message, nothing will connect to bt- only error message shows it's not paired to anything

What does the error message say please?

Best Regards,

Rich

Hf error 68

This error means that the unit cannot communicate with the cell-phone. The recommendation is to cycle the power switch. If this message still appears, press the Reset button on the control unit, which you've done.

It's possible that the unit is incompatible with the device you're trying to pair with, what device is that?

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive star rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich