Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an older pioneer receiver and it keeps turning itself…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older pioneer receiver and it keeps turning itself when it reaches a high volume. How do I fix that?

Technician's Assistant: What is your Pioneer connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Yes. It's connected to cable.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No . Thank you.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
5/30/2018
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

It's shutting down when it reaches high volumes, because the amplifier section is overloaded- this can be caused by several things:

1) Too many speakers or a low impedance type speaker connected (so what's the brand and model number of the speakers)?

2) Not enough clearance over the top of the receiver for convection cooling (it's shutting off because it is too hot).

3) Failing out transistors- which is a hardware failure and requires service.

So, first- what's the model number of the Pioneer and how old is it?

Secondly, how many speakers are connected and what's the brand and model of the speakers?

Third, where is the receiver located- is it in a closed cabinet? Is it out in the open?

Reply back with as much detail as possible if you need more help.

I'm sorry... It's not a Pioneer, it's Yamaha

All of the information I posted still applies and if you need further help, then the info I need from you still applies.

If you can help I'll stick with you. It's a 10 year old system. I have it connected to five speakers plus a sub. On a shelf open.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello!! Is there anybody out there?