Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bose Wave system which I like very much. For

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a Bose Wave system which I like very much. For several months now, when you insert a cd, the sound starts ok but then about 5 seconds later you hear a clicking noise with no sound for about another 5 seconds. This keeps up for about five minutes, then the system runs well. This happens each time you start the system. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What is your Bose connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

The system is NOT connected to anything else except the added Bose item for additional cds and all wires are tight...

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

This is a standalone Bose and the clicking is INSIDE the plastic case itself. You can hear it there.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
5/29/2018
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I need help yet. I have a Bose Wave which I mainly use for cd's. I have had this for quite a few years but in the past year I started to find that when I would start the Bose to listen to music, it would play the cd for a few seconds, then it would start to have a clicking noise for a few seconds and then start to play again for a few seconds, then stop and repeat the clicking. After about five minutes, the problem would stop and work as it should. A day or two later, the same problem would happen when I would turn on the Bose and try to play a cd. Any help would be much appreciated.... Charles

How old is the Bose?