Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The 3 cd lower unit has stopped reading cds and will not…

Customer Question
Hi. The 3 cd...

Hi. The 3 cd lower unit has stopped reading cds and will not play on the Wase Muti-CD Changer

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

I use the Bose Wave System 3 speakers

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Un plugging it for several minutes to reboot. that's about it. I'm not qualified to take it apart.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
5/28/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 27 days ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
there are discs in the slots that won't eject so I can't clean with the duster
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I'll try to get the discs out and clean with an duster and a cd cleaner like you suggested. Is there a phone number I can call if these steps don't work?

Okay that changes things a bit then,

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

Just reply back here if you need more help after

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
thank you nathan

You're very welcome, and good luck!

Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 22 days ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?