Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm trying to play a 3d movie on my Samsung 3d dvd player…

Customer Question
I'm trying to play...

I'm trying to play a 3d movie on my Samsung 3d dvd player ht-j5500w connected to a legacy cinema innovation hl-22 projector, and I get the message invalid format. I can hear the dvd

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 3D?

Bought it last July

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your 3D?

Set the dvd player to 1080p because that's what the projector manual said it was

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
can you confirm that someone is working on my question?
5/29/2018
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help.

Try changing the resolution and see if the error continues

On the DVD Player, I have tried 1080i, 1080p, 720p, and AUTO. The project does not have a setting to change for resolution, and the box says the resolution is 1920 X 1080P, so I believe that the DVD Player should be set to 1080P.
I believe that I was sent a UK DVD and I'm in the US, so I'm returning it and will reorder something else to see if that fixes it. thanks.

OK -- let me know!