Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 8 that I connected to my tv, using RCA cables. I…

Customer Question
I have a Hi-8...

I have a Hi-8 that I connected to my tv, using RCA cables. I switch my tv to av, but I get "no signal" on the tv. When I do the same with my vcr everything is fine.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

It's a Sony Hi-8 deck. It's probably almost 20 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

I've unplugged the power for a minute and re-plugged it. I've tested with a vcr, as I mentioned. The vcr works fine. Just a few weeks ago I had the Hi-8 deck connected and it worked fine. I don't know if something could go wrong so suddenly.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything else.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
5/25/2018
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do.

Is the HI-8 turned on when it is connected?

I've tried connecting it while it's on and I'v tried while it's off, then turning it on.