Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am attempting to connect a Bose Solo speaker system to a…

I am attempting to...

I am attempting to connect a Bose Solo speaker system to a Vizio VX20L tv. The easiest is to use the optical cable however the isio does not have such an out let. What do I do now?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your VX20L?

Not exactly sure guessing about 4/5 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu has worked for everything I have tried before including a MAXWElL SPEAKER SUSTEM (NOT RECOMMENDED) that system just required taking the voice input cables out of the tv and putting them into the other sound system

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your VX20L? What happened right before this?

I have had no problem with the tv sound or picture, I just wanted to improve the sound since my 893 year old ears don not work so good any more

4/10/2018
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please get me the full model number off the back of the Vizio- specifically after the "L" does it say HDTV10A, HDTV20A, or HDTV30A?

Send a reply if you need help.

There is only VX20L HDTV

Which Bose Solo speaker do you have (they make a half dozen models)?

Actually this Vizio has no audio output connections whatsoever. The red and white are for input only. So you will not be able to connect the TV directly to the Bose. Instead you will need to connect the "source" directly to the Bose (for instance, cable box, DVD player, etc.). What sources do you have connected to the Vizio?

Cable box as supplyed by Brighthouse networks now Spectum

On the back of that cable box, can you see an optical jack?

?

Are you still with me here?

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply but if you see an optical jack on the cable box then that is what you would use to send the audio to the Bose.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Sorry for the delay, you are correct there is an optical outlet and I am sure that should solve the problem. Feel free to charge my card the fee for your service.

Excellent and glad to hear it! I don't do anything with cards or charges- I'm a tech not a site employee. Please do scroll all of the way to the top of the page and click on 5 stars to credit me.

Aric, Engineer