Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why doesn't my unit turn on? Amazon CE0984 ALEXA. 6 mo. I…

Customer Question
Why doesn't my unit...

Why doesn't my unit turn on?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Amazon CE0984 ALEXA

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your CE0984?

6 mo

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I have power going straight to the outlet. Pressing buttons?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I have only used the Device once.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
4/7/2018
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Alexa service device question.

Pull the power plug on the device.

Leave it that way for 10 minutes or longer.

Then after that time, plug it in to power again; wait for the light to turn from blue to amber and for Alexa's voice to greet you.

IF that does not happen, and/or if the light never turns to flashing or pulsating amber/orange, then hold down the RESET button, with a paper clip, that you will find in a little hole at the base of your device. Hold down the reset button until the light ring turns Off, then On again, then let go of the reset button.

Then proceed, after that reset, to the initial Setup of the Alexa device again, from scratch, using the Alexa app to connect the Alexa device to your WiFi, after which, it should react to you when you ask it questions, saying the keyword "Alexa, ..." first.

If it never manages to get into working order, then what I suspect is indeed the case: your Alexa device is defective, within warranty, and Amazon.com should be informed at once so that they can ship you back a replacement while you return the defective device to them (or similar arrangement... call Amazon Customer Support to report the device's failure at 1(###) ###-####)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.