Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a bose 321 gsx system and the sound no longer works…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I have...

Hi Pearl, I have a bose 321 gsx system and the sound no longer works when i select the cal/sat mode, the sound works fine on all the other modes. I've tried to do the forced reset but it has made no difference, any ideas what i should do now? many thanks allan

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmx? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

What is gmx?

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've tried the forced reset

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
4/3/2018
Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 22 days ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Since this is isolated to the cbl sat input, I want you to check the cable between your cable box and Bose. Make sure it is plugged in tight, and that the cable is free from defects.

If you still get no sound, plug the cable from your cable box into another input on Bose that you know is working. This will tell us if the problem is the cable box, by not working when plugging into a known working source on Bose.

If the problem is with the cable box, unplug your cable box for one minute, and plug it back in. If that doesn't fix the problem, you'll need to exchange your cable box for a new one.

If the cable TV audio comes up when you switch inputs on Bose, switch out the cable between your cable box and Bose. If the problem persists, then the problem is isolated to the Bose input, and will need repair. They will offer you a flat fee to repair it, and if they cannot repair it, they will offer you a new unit at an incredibly discounted rate. Call 1-***-***-**** to get an RA number and shipping instructions.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you still need help, please reply.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It turns out the problem was with the router which has now completely broken so it was nothing to do with the bose or cable tv box so i've ordered a new router so hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow, thanks
Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer