Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an AV D-57 stereo receiver and get no sound out. what…

Customer Question
I have an AV...

I have an AV D-57 stereo receiver and get no sound out. what could I be doing wrong?

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

As best that I can tell, yes.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

Could some button be set wrong such as tape mon?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
4/3/2018
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 3 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name Martin and I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Aiwa receiver issue.
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.
the most common issue for no audio is that the Tape monitor button is activated. Please make sure that this is not the case. In addition check your speaker A and B switches on the left bottom side. If all of those things are good, it could be that the fuses for the Amplifier circuit opened due to an Amp circuit issue or a recent shortage on the speaker terminals.
In addition I checked some of my service bulletins and I came a across that this unit tends to have a weaker speaker relay which wears out over the years and either the internal contacts need to be refurbished or the relay replaced. It is located in the back left corner, where the power cord enters the unit.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your question. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as it is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Hello do you need anymore questions answered. If not please rate my service. Much appreciated.