Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My sound bar is not working the lights are just going up and…

Customer Question
My sound bar is...

My sound bar is not working the lights are just going up and down on the bar but no sound coming out of the bar

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Yes red yellow and white

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
4/3/2018
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 19 days ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

1) What's the brand and model of the soundbar?

2) How old is it?

3) What's connected to it (example: cable box, DVD, etc.)?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
2 years old and its a Vizio its connected to cable box and TV

Okay. Could simply be that your cable box needs to be rebooted.

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
its not working still
did you try a DVD player to confirm the issue is not the cable box?
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
No because the DVD is not hooked up right now sorry
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 18 days ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thank you for your help in advance, yes I need help still my sound bar has flashing lights but no sound coming out of it for 2 days now ca you help me please

Are you able to test a DVD player?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
My DVD player is not set up with my TV right now

You will need to set it up to test

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Okay I can call my cable company and see if they can assist me with that process

OK thank you

Harry, Customer Service