Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Sony headset Model MDR-RF985R. Where is the battery…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony headset Model MDR-RF985R. Where is the battery and how do I change it?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your MDR-RF985R?

Purchased it in Feb. 2016

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony product?

I have placed it in the holder to recharge, just like I have done in the past, but it doesn't seem to recharge. The volume is much too low now and there is a distortion noise or static in the background.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, but I need to know where the battery is located. Thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
4/2/2018
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

You need to send your unit for repair to replace the battery. The battery is not replaceable by a user.