Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I repaired my floor subwoofer and plugged it in. But no

Customer Question
I repaired my floor...

I repaired my floor subwoofer and plugged it in. But no sound. How do I check if connected right. There is power. And when I put the ply into Left In there is an electrical sound but no noise. Anyway to check w the remote?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Which appliance. Wilder or dennon

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not if you tell me it requires a specialist

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I’m sorry. Are you telling me not to try to fix it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/31/2018
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You probably need to try a different sound source with the subwoofer. And, try a voltmeter, set to AC, on the input to the speaker, to make sure that the sound signal is getting to the subwoofer.

If sound signal is getting to the subwoofer, and volume control for it is turned up, but still no sound from the speaker, then you did not fully repair the speaker. Take the approach, I recommend, of tracing the sound signal through the circuitry until you find that it stops - the problem in the circuitry is somewhere about there.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)