Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Currently my Bose SoundLink Mini will not turn on when using…

Customer Question
Currently my Bose SoundLink...

Currently my Bose SoundLink Mini will not turn on when using battery. After charging over night, It would not show any power. And now it won't turn on under AC power either. My battery play time used to vary from the very beginning from a half hour to two hours or so, with a full charge. Is there a solution? It has the best sound of all my blue tooth speakers. Please help me, Thanks Bob Dupree

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your SoundLink that are lit or blinking?

Yes. Now when plugged in only, the power, Blue tooth, and Aux lighte are on steady and all are white. No buttons respond and cannot turn off unit except when I unplug the unit.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting your speaker?

How is that done?

Technician's Assistant: The Home Theater Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

If that will help me get some music then that's all I need

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/29/2018
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

How old is the speaker?

It is about 3 or 4 yrs. Total usage likely less than 30 hrs due to its unreliable performance. I would put on a shelf in my office for weeks or months at a time. Get the urge to hear it’s remarkable sound, charge it up and often it would be fine. But after a day or a few, it would become erratic.

Unfortunately, if it would not power on then it has an internal failure and it needs to be repaired/replaced since it is outside of warranty. The bad news is that it would cost more to fix the speaker than to buy a new one.