Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I pair my Bose headset QC35 with my Macbook Air?

Customer Question
How do I pair...

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

QC35, I believe.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

It is not showing on my blue tooth and is not connecting to my Macbook Air.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It connects with my iPhone 7 and tablet but not my Macbook Air.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/28/2018
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help to connect my QC35 Bose headset with my MacBook Air.
Can we talk on Skype? I'm in the Federated States of Micronesia and it's very expensive to make regular phone calls.
Please let me know if I will continue to wait for your response.
  1. Click on the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen. It looks like this .
  2. Click on System Preferences.

3. Click on Bluetooth. It's the funky-looking "B" in the blue oval.
  4. Click the Turn on Bluetooth button if Bluetooth is not already on.

5. Put your Bluetooth headphones into pairing mode.

6. Click on the Pair button beside the headphones you are trying to connect. Your Mac will connect to the headphones.
  7. Close the Finder window.

it is still not seeing my bose headset QC35

Did you put it into pairing mode on the headset?

Then, please cancel my request for telephone call service of $26, or point me to how to cancel that. I am still having problem connecting my wireless Bose headset with my MacBook Air. The instructions sent me are the basics which I know and have done already.
I put headset in pairing mode and it connects automatically with my iPhone 7 but it still can't even detect my MacBook Air

Did you put it back into pairing mode for your Macbook?

my MacBook is in pairing mode and can detect other wireless devices but not the Bose headset.

No, did you put the Bose headset into pairing mode again?

Is it possible that MacBook Air just can't be paired with Bose QC35 headset? If this is the case, then there is really no need for me to continue waiting for a reply?
If you have to call me here at the Federated States of Micronesia, you'll have to dial 011+1+691(###) ###-####

No, they can be paired.

Hold down the slider for 15 seconds on the headset

Turn it off

Turn it back on

Now pair it again