Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an onkyo tx sr 608 that suddenly stopped sending any…

I have an onkyo...

I have an onkyo tx sr 608 that suddenly stopped sending any video signal. I have a universal remote and not sure if I hit something by accident It says hdmi 1 PCM

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Lg 72 inch not sure of model

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

Not sure if it is a setting with the tv or onkyo unit?

3/28/2018
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Onkyo TX-SR608..."

Louie, Technician
Thanks can you help with my video signal loss
Phone call session started

Thank you for requesting an additional Premium Service. Please confirm the request for a Phone Call service

Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

• Have you checked / replaced the connecting cables?
  • ...connected the video sources directly to the TV (even if just for test purposes)?
  • ...performed a RESET of the Onkyo?
Didn't reset the onkyo. Just unplugged it and replugged. No cables were changed. I feel that possibly the video signal is in PCM mode and I am not sure that is normal. Have audio but no tv signal or DVD signal.

Thanks for taking my call Mark.

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you be comfortable to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.
.

did a factory reset still no video signal Help

That a RESET was not corrective would indicate a hardware issue.

Let's consider the external first before moving to internal.

And as posted earlier: