Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Denon-1801 seems to be stickers in tape mode even when I…

Customer Question
Denon-1801 seems to be...

Denon-1801 seems to be stickers in tape mode even when I push the tuner button. No sound

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

When I select the tuner button, it stays on 5ch st tape mode

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

Tried all no sound

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/27/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

So it is stuck on the tape mode and won't operate in any other mode?
Do you still get sound through the tape mode?

No sound

Thank you,

this can be a settings or memory glitch, or a hardware defect (which wouldn't be surprising with a system this age).

Lets next try a microprocessor reset:
Power the denon off and unplug,

press and hold the speaker A and B

keep holding those while powering back on, and let go when the display starts flashing

Let me know how it works at that point please.

When i select the tuner mode it stays in tape mode no sound in either tape,tv, tuner

Please complete the reset above.

I push tuner mode it stays in tape mode
The problem is solved.

Great, glad the reset did the trick for you

What’s the cost?

You paid the fees which were displayed and you agreed to on the payment page when posting your question.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,