Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Solo TV Sound System 5 years old, I thought the…

Customer Question
I have a Solo...

I have a Solo TV Sound System 5 years old, I thought the touch pad on the remote control was going out so I ordered a new one - now received, the unit will still not go on. I wonder if there is a place in Phoenix where it could be checked out or repaired?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting your speaker?

I have removed the unit and plugged it into a receptacle that i know works with the same result.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Theater Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

You say you are happy to help - but we came to a standstill after my last answer - is the unit repairable? is there a place where it can be taken (in Phoenix) to get it checked out?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Please connect me

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Serial Number: 057240Z30181509AE, Purchase date: 02.18.2013
3/27/2018
Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

The first thing to do when a Bose Solo quits responding to the remote is unplug the unit for 1 minute. Plug it back in, this will reset the remote sensor. This is the most common problem with the Bose Solo unit.

If it does not come on after resetting the unit by unplugging it, then you are experiencing the second most common problem with those units. Your remote sensor has gone out and it will need to be repaired. Bose does repairs through a central repair facility in the US. If you take it somewhere locally, they will charge you an additional fee, which is unnecessary.

Your best bet is to call the service department directly, to avoid the middle man fees. They will offer you a flat rate to fix the unit, and if they cannot repair it, they will offer you a new unit at an incredibly discounted rate. Call 1-***-***-**** to get an RA number and shipping instructions.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you still need help, please reply.