Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Demon AVR 485 receiver starts randomly changing audio…

My Demon AVR 485...

My Demon AVR 485 receiver starts randomly changing audio inputs? It's not low batteries in the remote. Any ideas how to fix?

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

I'll double check the speaker connections. Last I checked they were tight. Speakers are denon speakers.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

Sound is ok. It the input selector, while watching a movie, tv, etc. It will start randomly rotating through the input selections.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Basically the audio input selections has become unstable.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Does it ever turn itself off?

If you take the batteries out of the remote (and leave them out) does it still happen?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No it does not turn itself off. Yes it still does it with batteries removed from remote.

Do you have any other remotes there set up to operate the denon (cable/satellite remote, etc)? If so, pull those too and check again

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Sorry, can't afford $26 phone call and $45 tech service.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok, I'll pull batteries from all the remotes. If that doesn't work what might it be?

I'm not asking for one. You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.
You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question.

This issue is either interference from another remote/signal source (which you'd find if it gets better with one of these remotes out of the loop), or it is a faulty main/control board in the denon.

The next step, if the remotes don't help, is to try a microprocessor reset.

Power it off, then press and hold the Speaker A & B buttons together, and keep holding while powering back on.

Let me know the results

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok, I'm going to perform reset power off. Standbye.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok, seems to be stable. What does that procedure do?

That resets the receiver, it clears all memory and settings, and resets the processor.

You may have to redo some of the initial setup steps (speaker config, input settings, etc),

but the issue is likely resolved now if you aren't seeing any further changes to the inputs.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I'll check the settings but all seems ok now.

Great! Glad it is back on track for you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you, ***** ***** evening.

You are very welcome!

Nathan, Engineer