Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have just moved to Florida and my Alexa tells me she has…

Customer Question
I have just moved...

I have just moved to Florida and my Alexa tells me she has trouble connecting to the internet. I am supposed to check the Help section of the Alexa app??

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

My Alexa says she has trouble connecting to the internet. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your software?

I am a senior citizen who has no idea what software to use.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Keep it simple!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/25/2018
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 3 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1. In the Alexa app, open the left navigation panel and then select Settings.
  2. Select your device and then select Update Wi-Fi. If you're adding a new device to your account, select Set up a new device instead.
  3. On your Amazon Echo device, press and hold the Action button until the light ring changes to orange. Your mobile device will then connect to your Amazon Echo device. A list of available Wi-Fi networks appear in the app.

Note: The Alexa app may ask you to manually connect your device to your Amazon Echo device through your Wi-Fi settings.

4. Select your Wi-Fi network and enter the network password (if required). If you don't see your Wi-Fi network, scroll down and select Add a Network (for hidden networks) or Rescan.

5. Select Connect. After your device connects to your Wi-Fi network, a confirmation message appears in the app. You're now ready to use Alexa.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

If knew how to get the Alexa app, I may have figured it out myself. I looked for the Alexa app on the App Store and didn't find it.

Are you trying to set it up for the first time, or did you use it previously?