Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My BOSE Wave system will not run the bottom three cd slots.

My BOSE Wave system...

My BOSE Wave system will not run the bottom three cd slots

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

AWRCC1

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Tried to slip a disk in the lower set, will not go in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Not so far

3/23/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Is their a disc in currently? If so, will those eject?

none in the bottom set

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens preventing the disc from being recognized, or a defect in the drive mechanism. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

We have TWO sets of these, both with the same problem, what's up

There are components in these that simply wear out with time, can be damaged by a power surge, dust build up inside from dirty discs over time, etc.

I'll try the air first
Thank you
Nathan, Engineer