Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am looking for the Hdmi board on a pioneer vsx lx 70. The…

I am looking for...

I am looking for the Hdmi board on a pioneer vsx lx 70. The hdimi port got a spike from lightning but the rest of reciever is still working 100%

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Pioneer

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pioneer system?

Have taken it to a local shop but in South Africa there is no company that wil work on pioneer the local technician said if i can get he part he wil install.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing but if i can get the boad have some images of it.

3/24/2018
Michelle-Mod
Michelle-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Hey there
No problem i wil wait for a reply on the question I asked.
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your amp.

These parts are not available to the end user, they are only sold to authorized pioneer service centers.

While this would be possible to fix, it is simply not practical to do so. The part likely is not even available at this point due to age, but even if it can be found the cost of the part alone is usually about $700 for the board. By the time you pay labor costs, we're looking at twice what the value is for the entire receiver.

This is also a 2008 model, it is double its service life at this point, and simply not worth the investment. Even if you fix this, other parts would be expected to fail at any time now.

I would recommend either replacing the system entirely,

or using it without the hdmi as a workaround by connecting the hdmi devices directly to the tv and running an optical cable back to the pioneer to use it just for sound.

I can recommend replacement amps for you if you'd prefer to go that route.

My apologies for the news,

Eldon

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Hey there that wasn’t quite the answer i was hoping for but was what I expected. Sadly i have a Pioneer elite sc 95 with the exact same problem and that just over a year old. That’s the reason for trying to get them fixed.

Your'e very welcome, unfortunately even for the newer models, they still just aren't worth fixing.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Eldon

Eldon
Eldon, Engineer
Eldon
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer