Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Yamaha receiver v473. The remote will only decrease…

I have a Yamaha...

I have a Yamaha receiver v473. The remote will only decrease the volume and will not allow me to increase the volume.

Technician's Assistant: When did this audio problem start with your Yamaha?

Yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: Is the audio working with headphones or external speakers?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

But I can only increase the volume by going to the receiver and turning the knob.

3/23/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the problem is still present.

Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote?

Unfortunately, it is likely that you need to replace the remote.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks!

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Customer Service
Harry, Customer Service