Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am using a Niles SSVC-6 Speaker Selector to balance volume…

Customer Question
I am using a...

I am using a Niles SSVC-6 Speaker Selector to balance volume between four 4-wire stereo speakers and two 2-wire mono speakers. this is working for the four stereo and one mono speakers located in an office space but the second mono speaker located in a noisy shop does not produce enough volume. Can I amplify one speaker out and put new speakers in the shop to get more volume in that area?

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Yes they are

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

I believe it is due to the distance the shop is from the source.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/23/2018
Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Yes, you can amplify the signal at the current speaker location. You'll first need to convert the speaker signal (AC) into a line level signal (DC PCM). Click here for the converter. You may be able to find cheaper ones for car audio, but pay attention to make sure your wattage isn't overdriving the converter.

You'll use one channel of the converter. Connect your current speaker wire to the input. This will convert the signal to RCA, and you can connect an amplifier to power your speaker in the shop.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you still need help, please reply.