Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to reset Alexa but the settings screen doesn't come…

Customer Question
Trying to reset Alexa...

Trying to reset Alexa but the settings screen doesn't come up from home page menu on the app. Light on the device is yellow. Home wifi is connected but without opening Alexa app I can't complete. What should I do

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

Didn't need to open was working fine BTW Upstairs Alexa is working

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

On my iPhone but not on ipads

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/22/2018
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Alexa service/device question.

I think the problem is in the Alexa service device, not in the app.

Unplug the Alexa device with the problem from the power.

Leave it that way for 2 + hours, or overnight.

Then after that, try it again, plug in, wait for light to turn blue and Alexa's voice to greet you.

If it doesn't get that far, you have a 'broken' Alexa device (Echo or Dot device, presumably), and it will need replacing, or if it is within warranty, it would need warranty service free-of-charge from Amazon.com.

Let me know how that goes, please.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)

Russell H., Service Tech