Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Samsung Smart TV with Klipsch sound bar - today,

Customer Question
Hi - we have...

Hi - we have a Samsung Smart TV with Klipsch sound bar - today, the sound has disappeared for normal cable tv but works fine for netflix - any clue what happened - our issue is we have 3 remotes to work this tv

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

The bar is connected to the TV - all cables are connected properly

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

This bar is mounted so we can't try another tv

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 5 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Did you install this tv, soundbar, cable box setup?

know the geek squad did all setup

Do you currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

we can hear sound for netflix, DVD etc just not cable TV
what do you suggest we try?

Please try this:

-set it so you can see the cable tv picture and leave everything On

-locate the POWER cord for the cable box and unplug it from the wall

-wait 20 seconds then plug that POWER cord back in

-watch the tv as the box boots up

REPLY back let me know what happens.

ok we followed your directions - no sound for cable channels

Do you usually need to do something with the soundbar remote in order to change from cable to dvd to netflix? or is that automatic?

no we don't

Now you are going to reboot the other equipment:

-unplug the Tv POWER cord

-unplug the soundbar POWER cord

-wait a minute, plug them back in, power on as needed.

Let me know what happens

thanks for trying to help - we will call the cable company or bite the bullet and call the geek squad again.

You didn't try my next suggestion?

Husband has already done that several times with no results - thank you again for trying to help. I will call cable now. Bye

bye