Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I turn volume up my Pioneer elite SC-55 breaker kicks…

When I turn...

When I turn volume up my Pioneer elite SC-55 breaker kicks and shuts down the unit…

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Pioneer elite SC 55

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your SC-55?

About four years it’s been in storage it hasn’t been used for a while

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Hooked up my iPhone just trying to play some music sounds pretty good everything works but then it cuts out soon as I turn it up. Sounds like a breaker kicks then the power goes off Sounds like a breaker kicks then the power goes off

Any idea what’s causing it to shut down
Anyone there
3/21/2018
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Pioneer elite SC-55..."

Any ideas

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the speakers connected to the Pioneer.

Bowers and Wilkins 703 towers with a pioneer elite SC-55 receiver
I’m only running left right and a subwoofer
Place for about a minute and then it kicks out
Plays for about minute then they breaker kicks and the receiver shuts down

I understand and appreciate the additional information.

Have you considered / tried a RESET?

Let me look a reset on the receiver

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you be comfortable to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

I got it reset it still doing the same thing soon as I turn the volume up it kicks out could it be the output on the speakers are overloading
This unit has been played less than 50 hours it’s been stored for years
I guess I reset it but I didn’t do an initial set up is there a procedure for that
Yeah other issue I have is I cannot find the remote and I remember that it had quite a few functions you couldn’t do off the screen of the receiver do I need the remote to do some of these set up’s

A RESET is supposed to set the Pioneer back to default. It should work and not "...turn the volume up it kicks out..."

Yes, the speakers and the speaker wiring can cause this. Have you re-checked the speaker wiring? ...ensure no loose wire strand?

Just bought brand new cables for it should be hooked up they have some jumpers that go across the polls on the back of the speakers not sure what they do

Please post back with clear pictures of the "...new cables...jumpers that go across the polls on the back of the speakers ..." Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

Appreciate the picture. These links allow bi-wiring if preferred. These appear to be connected correctly.

If the RESET was not corrective, then it would appear that the Pioneer is kicking in auto-protect mode. In most instances, this would be indicative of an internal hardware issue.

Thanks I was worried about that

The above was the user's RESET.

There is a technician's RESET. This, however, is a 2-way tool; i.e. it either forces a full RESET or it allows the protection to be bypassed and can cause further damage.

Would this be something you would be comfortable trying?

louie, It looks like it might be working appropriately. I reset it one more time I haven't cranked it up above the zero mark but I'm going to do that a let you know if it works. Thanks for your help

Glad for the opportunity to share the information and that it may serve your purpose. If you haven’t done so, please provide a positive rating (3 to 5 stars) at the top of your page (scroll all the way up)

Louie, Technician