Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have my analog stereo hooked up to an Echo device. Alexa…

Customer Question
I have my analog...

I have my analog stereo hooked up to an Echo device. Alexa will play whichever station I want, but not shuffle. Is there a command that will make that happen?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Doesn't matter. It's analog. But, just to satisfy your curiosity, it's a 45-year old Sanyo.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sanyo system?

It's not the Sanyo, because it will play anything that comes in through the Aux port. The problem is that Alexa (Echo) doesn't respond to my command to Shuffle. She will play any individual station, but I'm looking for a way to command her to Shuffle.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No, there may not be a known key to my problem. But, if there is, I'd like to know. Thx

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/20/2018
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Alexa service question.

Try speaking to Alexa about a playlist, and saying

Shuffle Playlist

and Alexa should be able to do just that. Alternatively,

Shuffle Songs

should do that. And

Stop Shuffle

will stop the shuffle.

Do you need any further information? if so, let me know, and I will help you further.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)

Your suggestion made sense, but it didn’t work. However, I solved the problem by using the Alexa Amazon app. Alexa will not shuffle by verbal command, but the iPhone app allows it. Thx

That's surprising, that it didn't work as a verbal command. The verbal commands I gave were standard-issue from Amazon's documentation on the subject.

Perhaps you have to say Alexa's name too: e.g. "Alexa, Shuffle Playlist"... that could still be tried, if you haven't already.

I tried all the combinations. Alexa will shuffle playlists and stations, but just not my Amazon stations. Anyway, i’m good, having learned how to manage the app. Thx

You're welcome. Please have a good night.

(If you're done with the case, please rate my work and my efforts to help, using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page, if you would. Thank you!)