Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a crossover box in my older surround sound

Customer Question
I have a crossover...

I have a crossover box in my older surround sound configuration. It worked fine with my older model amp. I recently purchased a av amp, specifically, the pioneer vsx832. Now I can’t seem to get my speakers in the living room or dinnining room to work. They will work if I switch the connections around, but the I loose my surround sound rear speakers.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your VSX832?

A week or so.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Switching the wiring in the back. I forgot to mention that the crossover box in the basement has hook up for amplifier input, that,s how their labeled but this amp doesn’t have such hook ups.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

I bought them off eBay about 15 years ago. I believe they are audiophile not very expensive.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Inwall type

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/19/2018
Technician: Eldon, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

can you tell me the model number of the crossover system?