Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have connected 4 loudspeakers to my Denon AVR-x 1400h. I…

I have connected 4...

I have connected 4 loudspeakers to my Denon AVR-x 1400h. I also connected an older cassette tape player and CD player. I went thru the setup and all 4 speakers played during testing. But when I use the CD player or tape deck, only 2 speakers play. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: What Denon model do you have?

AVR-X 1400H

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?

Have connected the 2nd set of speakers to the surround connections and then to the surround back connections. Have tried to assign A and B to the configuration. Have gone thru all the microphone configuration. Truly have tried everything

3/18/2018
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

This is normal operation. Surround sound uses Dolby 5.1 surround, meaning there are 5 channels, and the .1 is the sub. Audio from a CD or tape is 2 channel audio, which is why you only hear it from 2 speakers.

There is a setting to get it through all speakers, it's called Multi Ch Stereo. Press Movie on your Denon remote. Press the down arrow repeatedly until Multi Ch Stereo is selected, and you'll have music from all speakers.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you still need help, please reply.

PS: I have no center channel or surround sound speakers.

Try the Multi Ch Stereo, and tell me how it sounds.

before I tried your approach, I had turned the receiver back on and sound came on out if the other speakers. I’ve gone ahead and switched to multichannel and all speakers are working.Any idea why that would have happened or worked

It could have detected, or defaulted to multi channel audio. Since you set it to multi ch, it will not affect it when you turn the receiver off. It will work from here on out.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Rusty
Rusty, Engineer