Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can you connect an preamp and a equalizer to this system?

Customer Question
Can you connect an...

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Klipsh

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

No, the unit is on the way...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No,Thank you!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/18/2018
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

I would really need to know the brand and model number of your receiver to be able to find out any specifics on it. Can you get me that info?

Klipsh is a speaker manufacturer, so we would need to know what amplifier/receiver you're using with them in order to determine if a preamp and EQ can be used.

Denon 687!!

Not sure what the !! is all about, but please reply back with the complete model number (example: AVR-687, etc.).

I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

Please reply back with the complete model number (example: AVR-687, etc.).

It is the AVR-687 7.1 770 watt AV home receiver...

Thank you. Please give me a minute to look this up. First though- a preamp is redundant when using a receiver as a receiver is (by nature) a preamp, and amplifier in one unit. What is the purpose of wanting to use a preamp with this system?

The Equalizer can be connected to the Denon however- and would connect to the "CDR Tape IN" and "CDR Tape Out" jacks. (The EQ Input would connect to the CDR/Tape Out, and the EQ Output would connect to the CDR/Tape In). As far as the Preamplifier, it wouldn't be needed in any way, but could be connected between a single source (such as a CD player), and the receiver.

I also changed tv's from Visio Samsung and can't get the sound to come on.Can you tell me how to connect it and how to program the remoteto get them to play ...
From Visio to a Samsung!!

I'm sorry that's well beyond the original question and more than I anticipated. I will opt out at this point and perhaps another expert will assist. Goodbye.

Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is Rusty. Changing your TV shouldn't affect the sound, did you have the sound coming from your TV via optical cable?

No the Visio was connected to RCA connectorsAnd played fine but the Samsung is conneected to the optical and I can't get any sound...

Ok, in your Samsung menu, locate your sound menu. Turn the TV speakers off, and make sure the audio signal type is not set to PCM. It should be set to Dolby or Pro Logic. That should activate the optical audio output.

If you still have trouble getting sound, let me know. There may be another setting in your receiver that needs to be set so that it looks at the optical connection for the audio signal to get it working.

Okay I'll Try!!

Let me know how it goes. Like I said, there may be another setting, which I can help you if necessary.

Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 3 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 2 months ago

Did you have any luck?