Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

No sound. I had to update my receiver with pioneer firmware…

Yes Technician's Assistant: Have...

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

I had to update my receiver with pioneer firmware ver 1-204-87-119-093

Hello
This is a Pioneer VSX-52 receiver.
3/19/2018
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name Martin and I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Pioneer receiver issue.
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.
Did the receiver gave you through the firmware update an error message ? Have you performed a factory reset already ?
Have not performed factory reset. I think the update went through only because the error message went away. It use to show ue22.
UE22 error is a defective DSP chip issue on the digital board. If the factory reset does not restore the audio, unfortunately the Digital board in the receiver need to be replaced which might not be cost effective since the part is around $150-180 + Labor around $120. The part number is ***** currently not available.
Reset didn’t work. Sounds like a bad chip. Thanks for your help
You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Good morning I actually contacted Onkyo ( which owns Pioneer now) the Digital main assy has part number AWX9826 which is no longer available. Sorry
Electrotech2017