Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a home Bose sound system that I have owned for

I have a home...

I have a home Bose sound system that I have owned for several years. I run the TV through and an xBox through it. Last week we turned on the system and the system didn't work. It sounds like one of the channels stopped working. Can I get it repaired?

Technician's Assistant: When did your game system stop powering on?

That system works its the sound that doesn't

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting the AC adapter (unplugging it from the outlet and the console and waiting 2 minutes)?

Yes. I saw a message on the TV indicating that the HDFMI cable had failed and I replaced them but it didn't change the issue.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

When I turned on the system, it made a loud noise which forced me to turn the volume down and then the audio failed.

3/17/2018
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

That loud noise is a digital mismatch in the audio signal. It can sound quite unpleasant. If it is caused by static, it will clear up by unplugging the system, and holding any button for 10 seconds. This will drain any residual power from the unit.

If that doesn't clear it up, then there is a problem with one of the digital processors, and it will need to be sent to Bose for repair. They will offer you a flat rate fee to fix it, and if they cannot fix it, they will offer you a new unit at an incredibly discounted rate. Call toll-free at 1-***-***-****.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you still need help, please reply.

I will reconnect the system and unplug

I'm standing by.

Did you have any luck?

It worked. Sorry I didn’t respond sooner. Thanks and have a great day
You are very welcome! Please rate 3-5 starts for my service. There was static build up that needed to be drained. You shouldn't have any more problems.
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer