Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Denon receiver screen doesn't light up, HOLD ON HAVE TO GO…

Customer Question
Denon receiver screen doesn't...

Denon receiver screen doesn't light up

Technician's Assistant: What Denon model do you have?

HOLD ON HAVE TO GO DOWNSTAIRS

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?

AVR S700W Have not tried anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/16/2018
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Denon AVR-S700W..."

Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.
Have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time?
And then plugging back in but into a different outlet?

...performed a RESET?

The receiver works it just doesn't light up in the front so we can't see if it's on TV movie or whatever

Have you tried a RESET?

How do I do that

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you be comfortable to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Display still does not appear anywhere

Then and as posted above, it would be indicative of an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiarity with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

No do it yourself. So another words there is nothing you can help me with at this point?

We have determined that it is a hardware issue.

If considering repairs, I can provide troubleshooting steps and repair guide.

No thanks
What is the cost for this at this point?

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.
Billings & payments concerns are best addressed by Customer Support.

How do I reach customer support
How do I reach customer support???

Please click HERE.

Guess I got scammed!!!

Is further assistance needed?