Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have an RCA sound bar mod #RTS7010B the only sound is like a…

Customer Question
Have an RCA sound...

Have an RCA sound bar mod #RTS7010B the only sound is like a machine gun in one position, used a new digital coax cable

Technician's Assistant: What is your RCA connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No this was as noted in the manual from the tv & the sound bar

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

The TV is an emerson mod #LC320EM2 flat screen

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/15/2018
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...RCA RTS7010B...Emerson LC320EM2..."

Initially, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed?
Or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?
Or some other device/s?

theTV is fed by a DISH SAT receiver

Please re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...DISH SAT receiver..."

Additionally, describe how the DISH SAT receiver is connected to the Emerson TV using what kind of cable(s).

the DISH SAT mod # VIP222K is supplied with standard coax cables but this is a master unit supplys a another unit with radio service in another room

Appreciate the additional information.

Have you tried / can you please try connecting the ViP22k's red & white AUDIO OUT jacks using a pair of RCA-to-RCA cables to the RTS7010B's AUX IN R/L jacks?

it did not change any thing

A final test...

RTS7010B turned on, set to AUX and VOL ▲ raised, disconnect the red & white plugs connected to the ViP22k's red & white AUDIO OUT jacks.

Lightly touch only the tips of these pulled out plugs.

There should be a thump/humming sound from the RTS7010B's speakers.

no response

Based on the above, it would then be indicative of an internal hardware issue with the RTS7010B's circuitry.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiarity with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

I'm a retired electrician & have built a good deal of kits so I have all the needed equipment

Great on the DIY!
When able, please post back with clear pictures of the RTS7010B's circuitry particularly the power supply section. Of interest would be the electrolytic/filter capacitors. Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

I will have to do this later as I have to out this time of day how can I get back to you please advise

I understand.

And yes please when conveniently able.

Do a Ctrl + D to bookmark this page if on a web browser / computer.

And/or click on the links sent by the site to your email.