Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have an older sound bar and the speaker won’t work with my…

Have an older sound...

Have an older sound bar and the speaker won’t work with my tv. Has been working fine, but I think we may have hit a button on the remote and I am uncertain where our instruction manual is to figure out what went wrong.

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Is connected to our tv. Was pairing it with an iPod when things went haywire.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No, I haven’t.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model of the soundbar and tv?

Sound bar is a Bose. TV is a Vizio.

I'd really need specifics and actual model numbers to give detailed instructions,

but as a starting point take the bose remote (or look on the bose itself) and press the INPUT button, repeatedly, to cycle through the different input options until the tv sound comes back.

Never mind - I got it. Thank you.

You're welcome, glad that helped.

Nathan, Engineer

Do you need more help with this?

Do you need more help with this?